Friday, November 30, 2012

Daily Makeup: Face


At 25, I've tried a lot of makeup (haven't we all) and pretty much stick with the same old boring routine. Why? Because it works!  (Click on the pics for more info about the product.) 
 First, I ALWAYS use a moisturizer with SPF! I live in San Diego, afterall--but everyone should. I currently use this:                    
  
SkinMedica Daily Physical Defense, SPF 30

Then I put a little bit of this on:
                                                   
SkinMedica Scar Recovery Gel

For foundation, I'm into the old-school, porcelain-matte look:
                                          
Max Factor Pan-Cake in Amber Rose

"Amber Rose" is Max Factor's lightest color, with pinkish undertones.  I use this color because I have pinkish skin and auburn hair.  "Natural No. 2" is also very light, but has yellowish undertones.  (If your skin is Dita von Teese-pale, you might want to try Shiseidoor Dior, which is what she uses.)  Using pan-cake is different from your regular liquid foundation--you need to use a sponge, dampen it, then swirl it around in the makeup a little.  In a dabbing/swiping motion, apply it to your face.  Re-dampen  and swirl as needed.  After the first layer dries, you can put more layers on or add powder.  A quality makeup sponge, such as Beautyblender is recommended.  It may take some practice to master this technique; I like it because it stays matte ALL DAY. Now comes the old-school powder:
Coty Airspun Loose Powder

I actually use this mostly because I love the smell...  Unfortunately, it doesn't come with a powder-puff and it can be pretty messy.  Here's another good one:
                                                  
e.l.f. Studio High Definition Loose Powder

What do you think?  Share this post with your friends and check out my other "Daily Makeup" posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment